Sample standard licence agreement
Please note some landlords' agreements may differ.
Managing Agents: Lock-up Garage Licence Agreement
Terms and Conditions of Quarterly Licence of:
1. Garage no:__________
3. (a) £__________ per Quarter plus VAT where applicable payable in advance by standing order on the usual Quarter Days (viz. 25th March, 24th June, 29th September and 25th December) whether demanded or not.
(b) Commencement date:______________________________
4. The sum of £200.00 Shall be paid by the Licensee to the Managing Agents on the signing of this Agreement by way of a deposit. This deposit to be returnable by the Management Agents or Licensors at the termination of the Licence, subject to the garage being left in good repair, and clean and tidy with confirmation being received in writing to this Effect; also that the Licensee has met all the obligations of this agreement and to the return of the key/padlock of the garage and security gate where applicable.
5. The Licence to be terminable by either party by one Quarter's Notice in writing to expire on a usual Quarter Day.
The Licensee agrees with the Licensor:
6. To keep the interior of the said garage in good and substantial repair and condition and the garage forecourt in front of the said garage clear of any rubbish/weeds.
7. To use the said premises only for the purpose of a private garage at my/our own risk.
8. Not to leave/park any motor car or other vehicle standing in any right of way or on any forecourt/yard to the garage or to cause any obstruction thereby.
9. Not to assign sublet or part with possession of the garage or any part thereof.
10. To permit the Licensor, his Agents or his workmen to view the garage at all times without notice to inspect or carry out work on the garage.
11. At the expiration of the Licence quietly to deliver up the premises to the Licensor or his Agent in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. Any items including motor vehicles left in the garage following termination will be treated as abandoned and may be disposed of by the Licensor or his Agent in whatever manner they see fit without liability for loss. The Licensor may charge the former Licensee the full cost of clearance, cleaning and repair of the garage if the Licensee fails to leave the garage in the required condition.
12. Not to store in the garage any inflammable materials in contravention of the local byelaws or other regulations nor to dispose of any waste or refuse on site.
13. Not to make any addition or alteration to the garage, nor to add locks or remove existing locks or change keys to the garage doors without the express written consent of the Licensor, doors must be kept locked when not in use.
14. To keep the security gate to the site (where affixed) closed and padlocked except during vehicle entry/exit.
15. Make good any damage caused or discharge the cost thereof and keep the door lock and "up & over" door gear or hinges oiled and serviceable and in tenantable repair and the garage clear and to report any obvious defects before they deteriorate.
16. To further notify the Licensor or his Agent in writing of any alterations to the Licensees' name, address or telephone number immediately by recorded delivery.
It is understood and agreed:
a. The Licensor or his Agent take no responsibility for any loss or damage whatever the cause to the property or the person of yourself, your family or agents.
b. If the fee shall be in arrears for seven days after the same has become due (whether legally demanded or not) or if the Licensee shall fail to perform or observe any of the Agreements herein contained the Licensor or his Agent may re-enter upon the premises and thereupon the Licence shall determine but without prejudice to the Licensor's rights and remedies for any rent in arrears or for any breach of the Licensee, at the time of possession being taken by the Licensor or his Agent the Licensee will be given a period of 7 days by way of notice to the Licensees' last known notified address, from the date at which possession is taken by the Licensor or his Agent to clear any contents of the garage, clearance to be arranged by the Licensee by fixed appointment with the Licensor or his Agent. The Licensee to be responsible for the attendance costs of the Licensor or his Agent to give access to the former Licensee for clearance to take place after this period of 7 days the garage shall be treated as abandoned and the Licensor or his agent reserve the right to dispose of any contents of the garage and the Licensee agrees to relinquish all rights to any goods or contents of the said garage after that time any cost of clearance/cleaning and making good shall be redeemable from the Licensee.
c. All requests to extend the length of a Licence after notice has been given to terminate must be applied for in writing prior to the expiration of the notice period currently in force.
I agree to accept the above terms of the Licence:
Signed by the Licensee Telephone no:
Name (print):______________________________ Home:_____________________________
Mobile:___________________________________ Date: ____________________________
Lock Up Garage Rental Service in Gloucestershire © Courtman & Co